Conditions to serve alcohol
Register with Næringsetaten
In order to be able to serve alcohol, the company must register with Næringsetaten.
The following conditions apply to be able to serve alcohol:
- It is forbidden to serve alcohol after 24:00
- Only those having registered with Næringsetaten may serve alcohol.
- There is no requirement for food service in order to serve alcohol.
- Serving of alcohol must take place at table service. There shall be seating for all guests.
- Basic infection control requirements must be met.
- Separate infection control risk assessments must be prepared.
- Routines shall be established for good hygiene and good cleaning, and compliance with these routines shall be ensured.
- There should be at least 1 metre distance between people, even within a group, unless they are part of the same household.
- No more than 20 people may be part of the same group.
Distance is important to prevent infection with Covid-19.
- There must be a distance of 1 meter between all seats. The requirement applies to all restaurants and pubs that have seating for drinking and eating.
- When guests are sitting at the table, it is the guests' responsibility to follow the recommendation of at least 1 meter distance, but the restaurant must take measures to remind of the distance requirement.
Mandatory registration of guests' contact information
Restaurants and bars with license to serve alcohol must have a system for registering guests' contact information to make detection of covid-19 more efficient. This order does not apply to cafes that do not serve alcohol, but these places are also encouraged to register all guests who sit to eat and drink on the premises.