Clean plastic packaging (the blue bag)
Remember to rinse the plastic waste if it is dirty.
- Plastic bags
- Plastic containers, plastic pots, plastic tubs
- Plastic packaging from meat/fish/fruit/vegetables etc.
- Plastic bottles for detergent/shampoo/sauces
- Plastic flowerpots
- Coffee bags/crisp packets
- Snuff pots
Food waste (the green bag)
- Teabags/coffee filters/coffee grounds
- Leftovers meat/bones
- Small amounts of soiled kitchen paper
Residual waste (normal shoopping bag)
- Cooled ashes/barbecue charcoal
- Pot plants/flowers
- Broken toys
- Ballpoint pens
- Plastic tubes (when you are not able to clean them)
- Small pieces of polystyrene
- Cigarette ends
- Soiled plastic and paper
Paper/cardboard (container for paper/cardboard)
- Advertising material
- Milk/juice cartons
- Pizza/cereal boxes and cardboard yoghurt packaging
- Cardboard kitchen roll/toilet roll tubes
- Wrapping paper
Take it to collection point for glass and metal packaging.
- Alumimium packaging/foil
- Tin cans
- Metal caps
- Metal lids
- Non-deposit oil/mineral water cans
- Metal tubes
- tea light cups
Take it to a collection point for old clothes, or deliver the waste at a recycling station.
- Worn out fabric/clothes/shoes
- Windfall fruit
- Pot plants/flowers
- Christmas trees
Take this waste to a recycling station, or return it to retailer (it does not matter if you bought the item there, as long as they sell that type of goods).
- Electric toys
- Mobile phones
- Flashing shoes
- Electric razors
- Computer equipment
- White goods
Take it to a recycling station or an environmental waste station. Annual collection of hazardous waste.
- Impregnated wood
- Paint/wood stain/varnish
- Waste oil
- Energy-saving light bulbs
- White spirit
- Cooking oil
- Car tyres
- Scrap iron
- Plastic chairs
- Larger amount of polystyrene
The Agency for Waste Management (REN) shall provide municipal waste disposal services in Oslo in an environmental and cost-effective manner in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. The range of services are developed in accordance with demands and needs.
Small businesses using the services of REN must abide by the same requirements applicable to the collection of household waste. Waste, other than regular household waste, must be delivered at the recycling and garden waste collection sites at Grefsen, Grønmo and Haraldrud, against payment.
The regulations for the management of household waste in Oslo govern the responsibilities of REN and the user.
You can expect us to:
- Collect sorted food waste, plastic packaging, residual and paper waste at scheduled times.
- Upon notice of delayed collection, we will collect the waste as quickly as possible.
- Make it easy for you to obtain green and blue bags to sort food waste and plastic packaging.
- Collect any additional waste in case of significant delays.
- Put the bins back in place, and lock or close any gates or doors.
- Provide you with a new bin, if the old one breaks or is missing.
- Guide you on the type, size and placement of the bin you need.
- Provide adequate sites to collect waste we are obliged to collect.
- Offer compost products for sale.
We expect you to:
- Sort and separate your waste according to our guidelines.
- Facilitate our access to your bin, so we may easily collect your waste. This includes removing snow and applying gravel or salt to icy areas.
- Keep the bin clean.
- Notify us of changes in your service subscription.
- Deliver different types of waste to its suitable recycling point, delivery location or bin.
- Be prepared that our services offered may change in connection with public holidays.
- Notify us if your bins are not emptied.
For households, the waste management fee covers:
- The collection and processing of sorted waste.
- Systems for waste collection in your local area.
- Self-delivery of waste to recycling stations.
- Self-delivery of waste to self-service receiving stations.