Measures to support accessibility
To ensure accessibility at oslo.kommune.no, we:
- include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- include people with disabilities in our user testing.
- develop accessible components, so they are we ensure accessibility where they are used.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Oslo.kommune.no is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Oslo.kommune.no is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- VoiceOver + Safari
- NVDA + Firefox
- Jaws + Chrome
- Jaws + Firefox
Accessibility of oslo.kommune.no relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of oslo.kommune.no, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for oslo.kommune.no:
- We cannot ensure the quality of contributions of:
- Word and PDF documents have some issues with images and titles: we monitor user comments and repair issues as soon as possible.
- Explorer is incompatible with some of our web content and functionality.
oslo.kommune.no doesn’t warrant the the accessibility of 3d party applications, for example:
- Min side
The city of Oslo assess the accessibility of oslo.kommune.no by the following approaches:
- Evaluation reports
- Other evidence
Reports will be available to download.
Is something not working properly, or is the language difficult to understand? Is there something that hinders functionality, or is there content you can't access?
We really appreciate feedback on the accessibility of our content.
Send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.