Who is required to complete the Salutt course?
The course is mandatory for both full- and part-time employees who work in licensed premises after 1 a.m. and who serve alcohol. Examples of employees who are required to complete the course are head waiters, waiters, bartenders and table clearers. Security personnel, chefs and staff in cloakrooms/cover are not required to take the course.
Those who have completed a Salutt course between 2012 and 2017 are not required to retake the course.
What do you learn?
The course provides an understanding of:
- The Alcohol Act and other relevant regulations
- Conflict management and communication
- How intoxication affects the body
- The City of Oslo’s collaboration with the hospitality industry
The day is concluded with a test based on the course programme.
How much does it cost?
It costs NOK 500. You can pay with the Vipps app or your debit card. The price includes lectures, lunch, a final test and course certificate.
You will not have your expenses reimbursed if you unregister or fail to attend the course. A refund is only given if you have a medical certificate from a doctor.
Where do you take the course?
Christiania Qvartalet meeting centre, Grev Wedels plass 7, 0151 Oslo
Taking the course and the test
- Arrive no later than 15 minutes before the start of the course for registration and ID check. The following are accepted as valid proof of identity: passport, driving licence or bank card with photograph.
- The test is taken digitally using your smartphone or tablets that are provided.
- You may use up to 40 minutes on the test.
- You must have sufficient language skills to take the test in English.
- If you require assistance to take the test, you must check off the box for this when signing up for the test. We will make allowances for your needs as far as possible.