When do I need to apply for a licence to serve alcohol at events?
You must apply for a licence to serve alcohol if:
- you lease premises, receive money for alcohol or if your premises only have a licence to serve food
- you want to serve alcohol at a private gathering such as a wedding, anniversary or internal company event
- you want to hold a public event in premises without a licence to serve alcohol, or outdoors in a restricted area
Which requirements must I satisfy?
- The applicant must be at least 20 years old.
- You must nominate a person who will be responsible for the serving of alcohol (licensee). The licensee must be at least 20 years old.
- Licences for events in shops or showrooms will only be granted after normal opening hours.
How much does it cost?
- The fee for private events, such as weddings, anniversaries and company parties is currently NOK 390 per event.
- The minimum fee for public events, such as festivals, is currently NOK 5,400. The size of the final licence fee depends on how much alcohol is sold. You must send a report to Næringsetaten stating how much alcohol has been sold no later than 14 days after the event. Submit your report here.
Your application fee is non-refundable, even if your application is rejected.
Apply for a licence
(Log in, application in Norwegian)