Are you looking for an emergency room?
Legevakten in Oslo treats most injuries and illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening. Legevakten is a part of the public health care system.
Legevakten is open 24/7 (even on public holidays) and is located in Trondheimsveien 233 (Aker sykehus). The clinic treats most injuries and illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening. A 24 hour pharmacy is located in the same building.
When to call 116 117
If your General Practicioner (GP) is not available and the help cannot wait, or you are a foreign national visiting Oslo, you can always call 116 117 for assessment.
Examples of when to call:
- high fever – especially in children
- moderate breathing difficulties
- acute illness or severe deterioration
- acute mental illness
- suspected complications in pregnancy
Legevakten treats urgent cases first. The degree of urgency is assessed by a nurse.
Are you feeling ill?
- If you have an assigned General Practitioner (GP), call your GPs office and ask for a same day appointment.
- If your GP is not available and the help cannot wait, call 116 117 for assessment.
- If you are injured and suspect fractures, head injuries, sprains or wounds, go directly to Legevakten.
- Call 113 in case of life threatening emergencies or in need of an ambulance