Settlement of refugees

Many private individuals, organisations and employers provide important contributions and support in integrating refugees when they arrive in Norway, through language training, work experience, leisure activities and similar services. And most importantly: social integration.

Rented accommodation for refugees

The local authorities are responsible for providing homes for refugees. Both private and local-authority homes are required. We need your help to make this happen.

If you can provide a home for a refugee, you can register here (log in via the ID port).

The form above is used to map available opportunities to house refugees privately. You do not commit to providing a home for a refugee by registering. If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail at

Become a representative for unaccompanied minor asylum seekers

The County Administrator in Oslo and Viken appoints a representative for individual unaccompanied minor asylum seekers, immediately after arrival. This is a guardianship scheme that has been strengthened and adapted for when minor asylum seekers first arrive in Norway until their asylum application has been processed.

Once the child has been granted residence and become a resident of a local authority, a guardian is appointed in the same way as for any child with no parent or guardian.
Do you want to become a guardian? Contact the County Administrator in Oslo and Viken.

Integration in your neighbourhood

There are many ways you can help refugees integrate in your neighbourhood; inviting them to dinner, involving them in leisure activities or becoming a refugee guide. There are numerous opportunities and many voluntary organisations have activities where you can contribute. These include the Oslo Red Cross, Caritas,, the Church's City Mission or Norwegian People's Aid. Refugees can also contribute to voluntary work themselves.

How we work with refugees and inclusion: Arrival, settlement and follow-up